Nov 23, 2011

keeping up the pace

It feels like it has been a long time since I read a lot of lits. It really does, actually. My mind was too absorbed keeping up with college life and I forgot to read. I, once, made an excuse that technology (such as twitter, youtube and torrent) might became a cause of my lack of interest in reading activity, but in fact, it's not the case. The problem itself was me.

I lost my muse in writing, too. I no longer find that writing is something that I would look up to in the future, and I'm nowhere to find that writing is a srs bsnss, in the end, I decide that writing is something I would only do in my free time to pleasure myself, to write down all of the thoughts and ideas that have been squirming around in my head. But it's not like I will say hell-with-writing-technique-and-bla-bla-bla, no, writing technique is still important to me. I'm just no longer letting my works to be known to public.

In spite of all these ruckuses, I decided to start reading again. Huge thanks to Murakami and his book, Norwegian Wood, for letting me realize that beautiful stories are still exist. Honestly, I'd like to think that, in my vacuum period of reading, I didn't find any other good lits to be read, but since I finally found lits that suit my taste, maybe this is a start, a new start.

And maybe, there will be another phase of me again after this. I know that passion of writing inside of me wouldn't be completely vanished, and someday, that passion would return to me again. Like an encounter of old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment